All too often, when companies start to think about growing their online results, they assume that hiring an in-house SEO person is a more effective option than considering an outsourced solution such as a professional SEO company.
The reasoning for this decision may seem simple enough. There is a big assumption that it is cheaper to go in-house than it is to outsource SEO to a dedicated agency. There is also an assumption that having someone who is there at your beck and call throughout the work day will ensure the best results. Sadly however, both of these assumptions can end up costing you far more in the long run – both in actual costs and in productivity, as well as overall results.
In reality, outsourcing your website marketing requirements to a trained, experienced and skilled agency is not only a most cost and time effective option – it is also the best way to ensure that you see real returns. As agencies have the resources, capacity and experience to help you get your website from zero to hero, there are a number of unique benefits offered through this approach compared to in-house SEO employees, who often double up their SEO work with marketing, social media, IT and other “related” job descriptions that can be lumped into one single role. In many companies, this person may be referred to as “the computer guy”.
How exactly does an SEO company offer a better chance of results for your online marketing plans, and how does an outsourced agency fare against a traditional “computer guy” or in-house search engine marketer? Let’s take a look…
How Does an SEO Company Provide Better Value for Your Needs?
There are a number of ways that outsourced trumps in-house. Some of the primary reasons that you may choose an SEO agency over permanent SEO person include the following:
- Cost-Effectiveness. When it comes to that all-important bottom line, an agency will win the race, through and through. To gauge how much savings you could see in this regard, consider the current market related salary of a trained SEO expert, and then tally up the added costs of employment. Sick days, annual leave, benefits, employee tax… all of that adds up when you are forking out a steep salary month after month. Agencies on the other hand typically charge a flat rate on a monthly basis, which incorporates a set number of hours with deliverables (and no sneaky costs such as medical aid and UIF). Campaign costs are nearly always lower on a monthly basis than the cost of a full-time employed person.
- Efficiency. Even in today’s world of constant technology advancements, there are still a number of companies who do not put much thought into the role that SEO plays. Smaller companies, medium companies who do not put a lot of effort into their strategies and even large companies who are not sure how much time to dedicate to SEO may all think it a waste to employee someone to exclusively focus on this side of things. This leads to multi-role positions, similar to the “computer guy” example we mentioned above. Online marketing should certainly not be treated as a side job – with an agency there to get your website performing at its best, you can be sure that this role is given the full attention it deserves.
- Experience. As agencies have often worked with a variety of different types of clients, in various sectors and industries, experience is another factor that gives them the edge. They will be far more equipped to know which strategies work; which are not worth investing time or resources into, and which will get you where you need to be. Agencies will also have testimonials and references from happy clients, which give you peace of mind in knowing that they know what they are doing.
- Expertise. The same applies to expertise, too. Testimonials, case studies and proven success stories will easily show you how well the agency does its job. Agencies typically work in teams when strategising and implementing campaigns, which also provides a better level of expertise over a single individual who may not have all of the skills and resources to run a truly successful campaign.
- Results-Driven. Unlike an in-house employee, who gets paid no matter what happens, an outsourced agency is driven by results. If clients are not happy, they will not retain the services of the agency. This means that results are taken far more seriously, all of the time. Agencies also focus on reporting and benchmarking, using results of past and current campaigns to measure success and plan ahead for future campaigns. To this end, results remain a constant focus, throughout every strategy and implemented campaign.
At the end of the day, only you can decide which option is best for your company. But with all of the advantages that an outsourced SEO company has to offer, it is never a bad thing to consider the overall value that this option can provide over in-house SEO. Why not contact me today for more pricing options. Alternatively you can become a fan, read a bit more about what makes us tick and stay in contact.